Joy and Jo take you through the process of hiring a virtual assistant at Strictly Savvy and what you can expect.
Want more information?
Want to hear more from us?
Follow us on Facebook
- Welcome to Savvy Sessions number two with Joy and Jo. Today's session is on how it works, how does this virtual assistant, hiring one, whole thing work, right?
- Right, so the first thing you need to do is make the decision and decide that it's time to outsource and have a virtual assistant on board with you. Because if you don't have a virtual assistant, then you are the assistant.
- How does that make you feel? So, you might be feeling overwhelmed. Some of the signs might be that you're doing everything and you're doing low-level tasks when you should be out there actually selling or servicing your clients or working on your business, right?
- Yep, and if you don't even know what to outsource, it's okay we've got a great list that we've put together, giving you suggestions of things you can do, so if you read through that, decide it's time, then the next thing you need to do is give us a call and arrange a meeting. That's easily done, we can do it over the phone, we can meet you in person over coffee, we can do a Zoom call.
- You can be anywhere in the world.
- Just whatever works.
- And then the next step would be talking about options and what your pin points are. What are you struggling with, what are you feeling overwhelmed about, and sort of start talking to see where your business is, where we might be able to slot in a solution and what sort of tasks that we might be able to undertake, right?
- Yep and from that, we can recommend a plan for you. So whether it's a one off type thing you need help with a certain project, you need us on occasional at help basis, just whenever the need comes about for random things. Or whether you do need a bit more, the daily support or the ongoing support with managing inbox and emails and phone calls.
- And really taking on the job description. So the next part is to actually assign a virtual assistant to you, so that would be that we figure out based on what we found out about your personality, what you need, what sort of services you need, then we'll identify which of our team members has the sort of right match for you. It could be personality, it could be like types of specialties that they have and then they get assigned as your one point of contact. Your dedicated virtual assistant that will project manage and make sure that all of your tasks are completed and be proactive for you.
- Yeah, and then the next stage in that is organizing hand over session with you. Now depending where you are that can be face-to-face hand over in our offices, quite often we that over Zoom. It's just a good way to have a chat with people regardless of where you are. And in that session, we just define the initial tasks that we're gonna undertake. We just grow it--
- Try to find some quick ones. We work out one of the quick ones that we can do. The things that we can build trust actually completing, like the really important and urgent tasks.
- Yeah, so you don't even need to know everything you want to hand over in that session, you just could start off with something as simple as can you help me manage my inbox every day, can you reconcile my Xero, things like that. Start with a few things and then as it grows, you just hand over more and more tasks.
- As you build that relationship with your virtual assistant and the trust builds and you find out what their, how you can best use them and in what way.
- And that probably leads into as well, us learning more about how you operate so we can then recommend apps and tools that you can use to--
- Yeah because we love automation, we love streamlining tasks and workflows in your business. Because we look after so many businesses, we see so many tools and apps and I'm always researching and looking and finding out about--
- All of them so we know a lot about all of the apps that might be suitable to implement in your business to streamline things.
- Yeah, and then probably the most, the critical factor when you do get a virtual assistant is communication because just the pure factor of being virtual, we're not there, we're not beside you. So, communication is key, we encourage everyone to communicate regularly, daily, numerous ways to do it, but we need the feedback. So, if anything is not working, if it is working, let us know so--
- Cause it's not gonna go perfectly.
- No, it won't, it'll be--
- It's gonna be things that don't go well, that aren't done correctly, that aren't done the way that you like and it's all just about that feeding back that and that communication and making sure that you're building that up and teaching and actually verbalizing what it is that you don't like and do like so that we can do a really great job. Because all of our virtual assistants really want to do a great job and they want our clients to be happy so yeah.
- They do.
- Communication is definitely the key.
- Yep, and it is a long-term strategy so it will take a while to get fully up and running and up to speed. No different to having someone, an on-sight employee. You've still got to teach them how you do things, your processes and systems. So, you're just teaching us remotely. But we've got a number of tools to help you with it and just make it, so much easier.
- Make it easier, yeah absolutely, so yeah that is how it works with hiring a virtual assistant. So that is session number two. Thanks for watching Joy and Jo.
- See you next time.