If you find yourself typing the same email on a regular basis, you should be using canned responses. Canned responses are essentially an email template you set up in Gmail, so you can send the same email without spending all that time writing them!
Follow the steps below to turn on canned responses, and be whizzing through your emails in no time!
1. Click on the Settings icon in the top right hand corner of Gmail.
2. Click on 'Settings'.
3. Click on 'Labs'.
4. Under 'Search a Lab', type Canned Responses.
5. Select 'Enable.'6. Click 'Save Changes'.
To create a canned response follow these next steps:
1. In the main screen, click 'Compose'.
2. Write in the email you are wanting to create as a canned response. Bold anything that will need to be changed in each email to personalise it.
3. Click on the arrow next to the bin icon in the bottom right hand corner.
4. Click 'Canned Responses' and select 'New Canned Response'.
5. Name your response so you can easily find it later.
To use a canned response, follow these steps:
1. Click on 'Compose'.
2. Click on the arrow next to the bin icon and select 'Canned Responses'.
3. Click on the name of the response you'd like to use.
4. Make any changes to the bold parts of the email.
5. Send your email!
For all you visual learners, here's a video showing you how to use canned responses: